Input fields created using JS not showing up in report. | XM Community
Question

Input fields created using JS not showing up in report.

• 28 April 2021
  • 3 replies

image.png
For now, I have 2 questions:
a. How many subjects did you take in A-Levels? -> Text box answer and I am expecting a number
b. What are your grades?
Based on the result of the first question, I am creating the corresponding input boxes. So if someone answers 2 in question 1, they will see two input boxes in Question 2 such as : Subject 1: _________, Subject 2: _____________
PROBLEM: I do NOT see the responses for Question 2 in Reports. Right now, this question has no input field configured from the editor:
image.png If I add one manually, I see that field show up in Reports, BUT NOT THE ONES I CREATE USING JS.
How can I get the values from the input text fields that I have created using JS? Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Qualtrics doesn't record data it doesn't know about. So, you're going about it backwards. Set up your question with the maximum number of form fields that may be used. Then hide the ones that aren't used based the answer to the previous question.

This is brilliant! Thanks! Any pointers on how to wide a form field using JS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/36959#Comment_36959jQuery("#"+this.questionId).find('.InputText').css("width","100%");

Leave a Reply