Darker Border on specific SBS column | XM Community
Question

Darker Border on specific SBS column

• 1 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,
Is there a way to make one of the borders darker on a SBS column question. This question has 6 columns but I only want the border darker between column 4 and 5 say.
Capture.JPG

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi there, if you still need, I think colored divider lines between specific columns can be put in place by either changing the border color of the Separator elements between each column or by putting a right border in place on the right most Answer Cells within a column. I found it a little tricky to put these divider lines in place without getting the browser tool involved because the Separator elements are not tied to the SBS columns and the number of Answer cells in a column will be variable depending on use case. So like in the below, the Separator between columns 1 and 2 is "c6", but won't always be so. You can access the browser tools by pressing F12 with the survey open and inspecting the elements. When you get the c# for the desired Separator, you can add the below JavaScript to the OnReady section of the question's JavaScript to change the color of the separator.
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" td.Separator1.BorderColor.c6").css("border-right","2px solid red");
SBS_ColorDividers.pngA less involved way of putting a visual distinction in place for SBS would be to change the background color of the answer cells within a given column. The CSS to put that in place is discussed in this thread.

Leave a Reply