Customizing slider scale range? | XM Community
Question

Customizing slider scale range?

• 28 May 2021
  • 1 reply

image.pngHi, I am attempting to create an online version of an existing questionnaire. I'm trying to find a way to customize that range for SOME of the questions to display "-5", "0", "+5" (as in attached pic)
Is there a Javascript code that you can help me with?
Many thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

You can get close to this with the default functionality. Create a slider question with scale points from -5 (minimum) to 5 (maximum). Use 2 grid lines (make sure you do not select "snap to grid line"). Add 3 labels, and center the labels. The labels will be your "earlier," "normal," and "later" descriptions. You could even add the values (-5, 0, 5) and a line break to those descriptions if you wanted to. You can add a custom start position if you want the slider position to be at 0 when respondents first see the question (otherwise, it will be all the way at the left, which would be a value of -5 in your case). If you don't want the statement label (default comes up as "Click to write Choice 1") to appear to the left of your slider, then you can enter type a space or " " in that area.
Here's a good community post about how to move the position of the labels with Javascript. That should help you move the labels to the bottom.
The set up would look something like this:
image.png

Leave a Reply