Problems with email distribution | XM Community
Solved

Problems with email distribution

• 2 June 2021
  • 4 replies

1. I created the survey. Everything worked (logic and validation of question worked in the preview mode).

2. I created the contacts list (entered an email address, recipient's first name, recipient's last name).

3. I went on to distribute the survey via email. (I am sending it individually to the recipients.)

4. I choose a contact, typed information in the fields To: From Address: Name: Reply-to Email: Send Now: Added a subject: Loaded a custom message.

5. The custom message had a piped text (the participant's first name. For this, I used the Contacts field- Recipient first name). I clicked SEND NOW and got the following error message: There were validation errors. Correct the errors and try again.

6. I removed the custom message and used only the link to the survey, the browser link, the opt-out link. I pressed SEND NOW, and I got the same error message: There were validation errors. Correct the errors and try again.

7. I tried again to send a preview email, first with the piped text. After entering the email address for preview, I clicked SEND PREVIEW NOW, and I got the same error message: There were validation errors. Correct the errors and try again.

8. I tried again to send a preview email without the custom message with the piped text. I clicked SEND PREVIEW NOW, and I got the following error message: An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

What seems to be the problem? Why is it that I can't distribute the survey?

icon

Best answer by IrenAng 15 June 2021, 00:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Could you share a picture of the email box where you have typed To: From Address: Name: Reply-to Email: Send Now: Added a subject: Loaded a custom message.??? would make it easier to understand what seems to be wrong!

I fixed it.
Initially, I have changed the User Email Defaults. I did this after watching a video on how to personalise email distributions (I added my email as a default From- and Reply-to email, and my name as From name). That was the only thing I changed before the survey distribution.
However, since I use my university account, I was not able to use the changes. But there wasn't a prompt that would warn me that the settings will not work.
I tried many things, nothing worked. When I changed the User Email Defaults and left the fields blank, I distributed it.
UED.jpg

IrenAng Was there a way to reset your User email Defaults? I am having the exact same issue but whenever I clear the User Email Defaults and tell it to update, it just repopulates with my contact information rather than being blank!

Badge +2

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38349#Comment_38349Hi IrenAng
Could you please share the video cuz I'm having the same issue and couldn't fix it?
Thanks in advance

Leave a Reply