Validation of form field content in combination with display logic — Qualtrics Community
Our site will be undergoing scheduled maintenance between the hours of 11:00am to 1:00pm EST.
June 23, 2021: We have released an update to the theme of our Community site today. You can read more details about the changes and improvements introduced in this release in our New Updates to the Community Theme Released post. Please leave your feedback through this Community Redesign Feedback Survey.

Validation of form field content in combination with display logic

Annie
Annie Kansas CityCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭
edited 12:18AM in Survey Platform

I have a question with several form fields. Each form field includes display logic based on previous responses. So some people will see only one form field and others will see 5 or 6 form fields. For each of the form fields that are shown, the response should be a number between 1 and 100.

I have also set the custom validation for the entire question so that validation will pass IF:

The first form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.

AND the second form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.

AND the third form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.

etc.

I have tried setting the "edit form field" logic to require a numeric value for each form field, and I've tried setting it to "no validation".

However, I can never get the validation to pass, no matter what response(s) I put in the form fields.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• MatthewM
    MatthewM Chicago, ILCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Annie ,

I would suggest sharing screen shots of your validation. Sometimes things that don't jump out to the user will be obvious to members of the Community.

Sign In to Comment

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!