Validation of form field content in combination with display logic | XM Community
Question

Validation of form field content in combination with display logic

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have a question with several form fields. Each form field includes display logic based on previous responses. So some people will see only one form field and others will see 5 or 6 form fields. For each of the form fields that are shown, the response should be a number between 1 and 100.
I have also set the custom validation for the entire question so that validation will pass IF:
The first form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.
AND the second form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.
AND the third form field is displayed, AND the response for that field is greater than 0 AND the response is less than 101.
etc.
I have tried setting the "edit form field" logic to require a numeric value for each form field, and I've tried setting it to "no validation".
However, I can never get the validation to pass, no matter what response(s) I put in the form fields.
What am I doing wrong?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Annie ,
I would suggest sharing screen shots of your validation. Sometimes things that don't jump out to the user will be obvious to members of the Community.

Leave a Reply