embedded data isn't outputting to data set/reporting | XM Community
Solved

embedded data isn't outputting to data set/reporting

Badge +1

I have embedded data called ${e://Field/gid} which is basically the ID from a third party panel company being recorded into the survey at start when the respondent comes to the survey.
This IS in the survey flow right at the top as the first thing (see below picture). I am then piping that answer back into all my redirect links and it works perfectly.
However, I cannot get this embedded data to output into my data.
I do see the embedded data recorded if I click on each individual response.
What am I missing?
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 11.05.43 AM.png

icon

Best answer by PraDeepKotian_Ugam 24 June 2021, 19:48

View original

11 replies

Badge

I'm having the same problem - did you ever figure it out?

Badge +1

CSchmidt not yet! I'm so far pulling each one by hand. If I learn anything I'll write you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

The value for this embedded data should be Number; if it is not, it will not display in the filter or in the output data because the Variable Type is set as Number. 

Badge +1

PraDeepKotian_Ugam Thank you for your help! I do have the variable type set to be "Number" under Options.
So then under "set value now", I just hand typed to = "Number"
But the data column still exports blank.
Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 8.45.24 AM.png

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Can you share the sample value which you are capturing in this embedded data because if the value which you are capturing is not a Number then it won't show in the output data.

Badge +1

I'm capturing the third party panel company ID for each panelist; so it changes for each individual respondent coming into the survey.

An example is the ID is: 100580
So I set up a hidden field under my first question, at the top of the survey flow to capture this number and pipe it back into each redirect link. I cannot get that number to record in my data fields, though. The Embedded Data column is blank.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Try "set value now" to "Text" then it should be available in data.

Badge +1

Thanks for your patience.
It didn't work.
I'm wondering if my problem is this is not a data entry like an answer choice, this is embedded data that comes into the question field of the first question. Is that ok?
Do I need to set value now and say piped text?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I think you can try setting the value in another embedded data and check because if the value is piped in the first question text, then it should be available in the output data.

Also, I'd like to understand what the variable name which you are getting from the other panel is. Is it gid because the embedded data (${e://Field/gid}) you have set at the start of the survey flow is the piped text of the embedded data not the actually embedded data name. 

Badge +1

Yes, the variable name I am getting is gid.
Qualtrics gave me the embedded data file of {${e://Field/gid} for this variable name and then I used that to pipe into the redirect links as "gid".

I did try changing the survey flow to gid={${e://Field/gid} and set this to a number. But that also came back blank.

Badge +1

PraDeepKotian_Ugam It works! Thank you so much! You were fantastic help and so kind!
CSchmidt see below for the screenshot and let me know if I can pay the help forward to you!

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 1.29.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-24 at 1.29.50 PM.png

Leave a Reply