Uregent help! One reponse per column? | XM Community
Solved

Uregent help! One reponse per column?

• 30 June 2021
  • 2 replies

I am transforming a paper decision style inventory (attached) into an online survey so thought best to use the Matrix type with a standard likert scale. There is a question, and participants will basically have to rank which option they most closely align to as shown below.
image.pngI would like it so that you can only select one response per a column, because each option in the row has been categorised to represent a decision making style and each column has a score - so transposing the table would not make sense. I have tried add in a "greater than" validation (please see below) but this didnt have an affect.
image.pngAny suggestion on how to get one response per a column would be greatly appreciated.
DecisionStylesInventory.pdf

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 30 June 2021, 20:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,
I'm assuming that each row must have an answer too, and that each question is a set of four items/rows. If that's the case, have you tried adjusting your custom validation conditions? At first glance, I think the "Is Greater Than" and "ORs" are the problem, so perhaps it should be:
Most (Count) = 1
AND Often (Count) = 1
AND Seldom (Count) = 1
AND Least (Count) = 1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/38759#Comment_38759Thanks Matthew! That has done the trick 🙂
EDIT: I thought this had work but actually it doesnt seem to be working :(
image.pngEven when the survey is filled in correctly, it doesnt let me progress to the next question. I filled in the validation section as MatthewM suggested.
image.png

Leave a Reply