Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

Uregent help! One reponse per column?

Aidah
Aidah United KingdomCommunity Member Qubie ✭
edited July 10 in Survey Platform

I am transforming a paper decision style inventory (attached) into an online survey so thought best to use the Matrix type with a standard likert scale. There is a question, and participants will basically have to rank which option they most closely align to as shown below.

I would like it so that you can only select one response per a column, because each option in the row has been categorised to represent a decision making style and each column has a score - so transposing the table would not make sense. I have tried add in a "greater than" validation (please see below) but this didnt have an affect.

Any suggestion on how to get one response per a column would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer

• MatthewM
    MatthewM Chicago, ILCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

I'm assuming that each row must have an answer too, and that each question is a set of four items/rows. If that's the case, have you tried adjusting your custom validation conditions? At first glance, I think the "Is Greater Than" and "ORs" are the problem, so perhaps it should be:

Most (Count) = 1

AND Often (Count) = 1

AND Seldom (Count) = 1

AND Least (Count) = 1

Answers