Question showing in preview but not in published version | XM Community
Solved

Question showing in preview but not in published version

• 7 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,
I am creating my first Qualtrics survey and have not published it yet. Two questions in the first block of my survey show up in the preview version, but when I click "Show published version" or try to use the anonymous link, they do not come up even though all the other questions do. They are in the survey flow and one of the questions is required, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by MatthewM 7 July 2021, 20:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi acwalsh ,
When you hover your cursor over the Publish button in the upper right hand corner of the survey editor window, what does it do? I know you said you haven't published it, but these two questions in Block 1 were added later than the others this would suggest an earlier version may have been published.
The other thing to rule out is the possibility of display logic causing the questions not to appear.

Thank you! It looks like an older version had been published when I look at the version history. Is the only way to fix this just to publish my new draft or is there a way to unpublish the old one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If you publish the current version, it will replace the previous version. The version history feature allows you to revert to an earlier edition of the survey, but that's not applicable to your current situation.

Badge

I find that my preview version is perfect yet when I publish, it reverts back to the first version I ever published?  I have tried republishing the correct version but I seem to be doing something wrong as it always misses out the first 3 questions (rather, they are just introductions such as participant information, privacy policy and consent) of the first block in my workflow and goes straight to the next block, the default question block (which is the first page of my questions)?  Could anybody please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

@ACowie Does the survey have “Allow respondents to finish later” enabled in the survey options? It is possible that the first version of the survey is cached to your browser. Try clearing your cache or using a different device or browser to access the survey link.

Leave a Reply