Getting QIDs as column headers in response exports (similar to "Use internal IDs in header") | XM Community
Question

Getting QIDs as column headers in response exports (similar to "Use internal IDs in header")

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi everybody!
We have started to automate our response downloads. However, I found that there seems to be no option to use QIDs (instead of just Q...) as column headers in the resulting files using the API—while there is such an option (called "Use internal IDs in header") in the front-end for manual downloads. Is this correct or am I missing something in the API documentation? I consider this to be an important feature since the QID is the only unique/stable identifier of a question (the Q numbers are a mess).
Should be an easy answer for the pros around here. :)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Third row, import ids, that is unique and contains the QIDs

Badge +7

Hm, ok, you're right in principle. However, this wouldn't allow us to simply import the results data in our dashboard software and match it with another table containing the QIDs. At least to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, this would be a bit too much data cleaning for, e.g., standalone Power BI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

It shouldn't be too difficult in Power BI, just create a lookup table and connect the two.

Leave a Reply