Overwrite collected data in SF when distributing qualtrics re-take link | XM Community

Overwrite collected data in SF when distributing qualtrics re-take link

• 8 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I have an active survey that's integrated with Salesforce and want to update respondents demographic data by having them review and edit their original submission via qualtrics retake link. When respondents edit their data through the re-take link, their existing data is overwritten in qualtrics and only the new data populates. However, the original data is not overwritten in the salesforce account, but populates as a new lead. I am able to manually merge the SF accounts and delete the old one but I'm looking at updating hundreds of accounts. Does anyone have a workaround for overwriting collected SF data through qualtrics?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi
I know our Support team have a workaround for this (in the instance where a Support case was closed, a survey sent out and taken, and then the case was re-opened, closed and ultimately filled out a final time).
They use our visualization tool to open the survey data in an app, and then use the Contact ID from Salesforce along with the Case ID to present the survey data, but only showing the latest date from the survey record in Salesforce for that specific Case ID.
Could perhaps help 🙂
All the best
-Mattias

Thank you for your help MattiasM! To clarify, does your above solution apply to overwriting data in Salesforce in an automated way? My main issues is having to manually convert each updated lead after new data comes in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40348#Comment_40348Good morning!
No we are not overwriting anything in Salesforce. We just ensure we are only showcasing the latest survey from the same Case ID in our visualizations tool. We use Qlik Sense for this (of course). :)

Leave a Reply