Piping forward a certain question and answer based on response | XM Community
Solved

Piping forward a certain question and answer based on response

• 26 December 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Hello. The survey I am creating asks participants to rate how similar or different they find 2 designs to be on a sliding scale from 0 (completely different) to 100 (identical). The respondent is asked to rate 20 or so pairs, and I am trying to figure out how to pipe/carry forward the slider question and answer on which they ranked the pair the highest (or most similar) in order to ask them another question about how similar they found that pair to be. Is there a way to embed logic to execute this--I understand this would require Qualtrics to internally analyze the responses to all pairs then identify which was scored the highest? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Kate 27 December 2018, 15:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
You're right- "Highest" is where you're going to hit a hiccup.

You can use the survey flow to branch questions to display if they are at/above a certain threshold. So for all Sliders at 80 or above you can trigger a question, or for all questions at 20 or below you can trigger seperate questions.

But the default Qualtrics survey building platform isn't able to read which one is "highest". Therefore, you will be unable to trigger questions based off of that criteria alone.

Leave a Reply