Is there a way to specify the number of times the blocks in a survey are displayed? | XM Community
Solved

Is there a way to specify the number of times the blocks in a survey are displayed?

• 26 February 2019
  • 3 replies

I have several blocks in my survey, and need each block to be answered by a specific number of people. The blocks do not have to be randomized. In fact, I'd prefer them not to be randomized so can ensure the specific numbers I need. I've tried the randomizer/display evenly option in survey flow, but in my results, there were differing numbers of responses for each block, even though the total number of respondents was perfectly divisible by the number blocks. Is there a way to control this directly?
icon

Best answer by Akdashboard 26 February 2019, 15:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
This is a simple quota function. Set the quota to increment whenever the last question of your block is displayed, then use the survey flow to display each block _only when_ the given quota is not met.

Then you just need to set the quota to the allotted number that you want. Note, you will want to set the quota condition to "none, for survey flow logic" (or something like that).

If you need me to explain more, I'm happy to help.
Thank you very much!! Exactly what I needed, and it looks like this is working well.
Hi Again,

Looks like this did not work as I had thought. I have 6 blocks in total. I want everyone to see the first block, which contains instructions. I then want 4 people to respond to each of the following 5 blocks, in order.

I went to quotas and defined the 5 blocks, changing the action to "none". I changed the quota denominator for each one to be 4. Then in survey flow, I used branch logic to say that all respondents should see Block 1, and then one of the subsequent blocks, if the quota ffor that was not yet filled.

I tested the survey through preview, and it cycled through the blocks as I had intended.

I then posted the survey on MTurk, and set the number of respondents to 20 (4 people each responding to 1 of the 5 blocks). But when the results came back, there were 5 responses to each of the first two blocks, 4 responses to the third block, 5 responses to the fourth block, and 1 response to the fifth block. That was the total of the 20 respondents.

I am unsure where I went wrong, and would appreciate help in diagnosing the problem. Thank you again!

Leave a Reply