Using a pre-fill authenticator and require password on same survey | XM Community
Question

Using a pre-fill authenticator and require password on same survey

• 28 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
Hi-

I want to send my survey by email though Qualtrics to a subset of my contacts and the rest I want to send a letter asking them to login and type in their password. For those who are being emailed I want it to pre-fill with their unique ID so that they aren't asked to enter anything. It should take them straight to their specific set of questions. For those with paper invitations I need it to ask for a password/unique ID and from that info show them only a specific set of questions. So if your ID begins with 1 you get Block 1, if your ID begins with 2 you get block 2 and so on. I would like both the emailed people and the paper invitation people to take the same survey. Is there a way to have an authenticator pre-fill with the unique ID if they come from the emailed contacts or ask for a password if they come from the paper invite? Essentially I'd like to have one survey that allows either participant to take regardless of how they were invited. Is this possible with one survey or do I need to create two separate surveys?

1 reply

Badge +6
Hi @ebony_haley618, you can use Q_CHL variable to determine if respondents come through email or manually. Ideally if they come through email then Q_CHL=email. Using this branching you can prefill authenticator.

Leave a Reply