Shark Tank competition assignment to randomized reviewers | XM Community
Question

Shark Tank competition assignment to randomized reviewers

• 29 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a survey that serves as an application for a competition (similar to Shark Tank). At the end of the application period, I want to randomly assign each survey submission to 10 different reviewers (by emailing each of these reviewers a link to view that particular survey submission).

Would I do this with 10 different Randomizers each with an embedded data field assignment, or one Randomizer with 10 embedded data field assignments? I also don't want duplicates (one particular reviewer gets chosen more than once per application). I have a mockup Contact List with embedded data that I can pull into the Randomizer, but I'm at a loss as to what that embedded data should be and how to get the individual submission over to each reviewer.

Is this even possible in Qualtrics?

Thank you very much for your time.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
my thoughts:
set a variable (eb_reviewer = null)
Randomizer with Evenly Present turned on
10 variables listed in the randomizer as so -
1. eb_reviewer = shannon
2. eb_reviewer = fred
etc...
that way each application only gets assigned to one reviewer and you can use the variable as a qualifier to send to the reviewer. Also, the evenly present would ensure that one reviewer wouldn't get a majority of applications.
Thank you, this is super helpful! One question though, if I want each application to be reviewed by 10 different reviewers (so 10 reviews total), is there a way to run the randomizer ten times and ensure no duplicates?

Leave a Reply