Percent of questions completed in a survey | XM Community
Solved

Percent of questions completed in a survey

• 28 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
For my project I need to figure out what percent of survey questions were answered, taking into account skips and branching. My understanding of the progress calculator is that it only tells me how far along a respondent is in the survey - that is, how much of the survey they saw - not how much they completed. Figuring out what percent of the survey was completed is necessary, because I need to filter out respondents who basically go through the survey pages but skip all or most of the questions. Their survey will be counted as "complete," but their responses are not useful.

Any suggestion about how to go about figuring this out would be helpful.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by JenCX 28 May 2019, 16:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
One way you could do this is by using branching logic and embedded data. What I would do is set a variable, aka QuestionCount and then use branching logic and math operations to add a count every time something significant is answered.
Badge
What if I had a 60 question survey, and gave every answer a value of 5, no matter if the question was correct or not. This would give me a total "score" of 300. What if I said if the score was between 295 - 280, this would mean they skipped 1-4 questions. Thoughts?

Percent of questions completed in a surveyHi all, I am new to Qualtrics and want to follow up with this answer. I have about 100 questions in the survey and need to calculate the percentage of questions being answered by each respondent. Based on JenCX 's answer, if I understand it correctly, I would create a dummy variable for each question as follows?:
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 12.42.11 PM.pngAnd then use 'create a new field' to add up all the embedded dummy variables?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi there,

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was out of the office.

What you can do is create a single variable (maybe named something like AnsweredCounter) and use the math operations to add 1 to it each time your branch is true. So instead of Q1yes = 1 in your example, you'd have AnsweredCounter = AnsweredCounter + 1

Leave a Reply