Safest way to hide/show survey questions based on selection for inline question | XM Community
Solved

Safest way to hide/show survey questions based on selection for inline question

• 25 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Level 3 ●●●
  • 58 replies
This seems obvious but I can't find a Community post or Q resource that spells this out. I am adding an inline question (which is question 1 on my survey) to my invite and I want the respondent to have a different survey experience based on their selection. If they answer "very satisifed" for inline question they only see one additional question when the survey loads (so they see questions 1 and 2 with question 1 already 'answered'). If they answer inline question any other way they see all questions (8) for survey load. Can I use regular old display logic or won't this work based on them coming into survey via inline question? Would it be the "in page" option I want?

I will obviously test this, but it seems like an obvious enough question that people should be able to find an answer for it 🙂 So I'm asking.
icon

Best answer by MSobotta 25 September 2019, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17
There are two which I feel you could do this:
1. Put the inline question 1 in its own block and then use logic from here on out with the other blocks. It would be two pages, but simplifies logic. *Make sure you test this if you want to use back buttons.
2. Use display inline display logic to show the follow up questions determined on the first questions. I would be all on one page and things would be appearing and disappearing. You have to apply display logic on each and every question following the first question.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
> @MSobotta said:
> 2. Use display inline display logic to show the follow up questions determined on the first questions. I would be all on one page and things would be appearing and disappearing. You have to apply display logic on each on every question following the first question.

Thanks. I did suggestion #2 and it worked well.

Leave a Reply