I am trying to hide or show a question based on the answers to 2 previous MCQs. | XM Community
Solved

I am trying to hide or show a question based on the answers to 2 previous MCQs.

• 26 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have not found a solution online so far. Maybe I have been using the wrong search strings - who knows. I don't believe my question may be rather common, but I'm really struggling.

My problem is as follows:

I am trying to hide or show a question based on the answers to 2 previous MCQs. Those MCQs are identical in their option choices, however are slightly differently worded. One refers to a preferred product prior to an event and the other one refers to a preferred product after an event. If the answers match - hide the next question. And if they differ (say MCQ1 is A and MCQ is B ) then show the next question.

I have tried to use embedded code (i.e. call answer to MCQ1 "Past", answers to MCQ2 "Present" and display logic: if "Past" not equal to "Present" show next question. This did not work. I then went onto using it with showing blocks in the survey flow - to no avail.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by VirginiaM 26 September 2019, 14:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +45
I would tackle this in the survey flow by setting up the following branch logic:
If Before = A and After = A or if Before = B and After = B or if Before = C and After = C then branch to this block. Otherwise, branch to block with hidden question. This won't work if you can't put the target questions in a separate block though. I am attaching a screenshot of the logic.!

Star. Thanks!

Leave a Reply