Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

How to add hover text?

Poppy
Poppy Provo, UTFounding Community Member CEP (Chief Executive Paw-ficer)

I want to add hover text to my survey so that when someone hovers over a word, the definition will appear. How can I do this?

Best Answer

• AnthonyR
    AnthonyR Tucson AzFounding Community Member, Community Member Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

put the text you want to add hover-text to in to an html span, and include the hover-text in a title attribute.

For example:
    <span title="Definition">Word</span>

Becomes:
    Word

Answers

• Poppy
    Poppy Provo, UTFounding Community Member CEP (Chief Executive Paw-ficer)

Awesome, thank you!

• w2o_jilly
    w2o_jilly PhiladelphiaCommunity Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Qubie ✭

Hi team - this works nicely. however, I was wondering if someone might be able to assist with editing this code (it is possible to nest?) so that I am showing a wealth of information? I have the HTML code that I want to use for the data to be shown in its format (overarching theme/definition underlined and bolded, with a few bullets underneath, but I am struggling to get this to nest within the span so that this is the information shown within a rollover. below is the HTML code that I would like to include in the rollover:

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE REGARDING FERTILITY AND INFERTILITY

• The postponement of parenthood may increase the number of couples experiencing infertility and prolong time to pregnancy.
    • Research has revealed that childless people are not well informed regarding fertility, which may threat[en] their childbearing intentions. (Santos et al 2017)