Exporting to CSV/TSV issue | XM Community
Solved

Exporting to CSV/TSV issue

• 19 December 2019
  • 1 reply

My team in Italy is having trouble exporting to CSV and TSV- each row of data exports into the first cell.- it doesn't actually separate the data into subsequent cells. There may be special characters involved. As a stop gap, I, myself, exported their reports to CSV and then saved as XLSX and sent it to them, but that is not a long-term solution. I need them to be able to export their own reports. What do we do so that they can export the data themselves in a readable format?
icon

Best answer by Sringling 19 December 2019, 18:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi Mara,

as you are speaking about "Cells", you are probably looking at it in Excel. It would be good to know, how the actual CSV file looks like. Is it using commas as a separator? European Excel installations would often expect a semicolon as separator, as commas are used instead of a decimal point. Though that would not apply to TSV.
In any case looking at the actual file with a simple editor, not Excel, would allow you to see, whether the issue is in the export from Qualtrics or the opening if the file with Excel. Apologies, if you have checked that already, but it wasn't clear from the message and local Excel setup is the most common reason for these kind of problems in any international context.

To make it easier for community users to spot the issue, It would also be good to share which export exactly you are referring to and with which parameters it has been run.

best wishes
Sven

Leave a Reply