Community Groups are officially here!
We've released Groups, a new feature that enables us to connect community members of similar industries and interests in a shared, private space. You can check out all of the details here, including information about who can join, how to join, and what Groups are currently offered. Please leave your feedback through this Community Groups Feedback Survey.

How do I freeze an image at the top of a Qualtrics block?

AlexSmalley
AlexSmalley UKCommunity Member Qubie ✭

I'm trying to freeze an image at the top of a Qualtrics survey block.

Participants will answer questions based on the image, so it will need to stay anchored to the top of the screen in view while they scroll down to answer several questions.

I'm trying to use the code Anthony Rivas kindly provided in this post to do this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46286498/how-to-have-entire-item-in-qualtrics-remain-in-position-when-scrolling

I've added the image using this html along with the javascript from here:

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/1622/keeping-an-image-frozen-in-place-when-scrolling-issue-with-spacer-element-in-javascript-html

The image block is now locked at the top BUT Question 1 is hidden behind it. (Interestingly the behaviour is slightly different on mobile, where not all of Q1 is hidden.) See image below:

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? I'm not well versed in html or JS so it's been very hard for me to troubleshoot.

(In case it complicates matters further, there will be seven blocks of images (and questions) which will be randomised in order.)

Tagged:

Answers

• MsIreen
    MsIreen FinlandCommunity Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Have you checked this?

• AlexSmalley
    AlexSmalley UKCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Thanks but that link is where I've taken the code from (see third paragraph above)

• MsIreen
    MsIreen FinlandCommunity Member, XMPN Member, Qualtrics Brand Admin Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@AlexSmalley said:
    Thanks but that link is where I've taken the code from (see third paragraph above)

Oh, sorry. I just have this link bookmarked :smile:

• Chris_Surveys
    Chris_Surveys ChicagoCommunity Member Qubie ✭

Did you ever get this worked out? I'm having the same issue