Can I get Qualtrics to show me which experimental condition a participant was assigned to? | XM Community
Solved

Can I get Qualtrics to show me which experimental condition a participant was assigned to?

• 16 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have my survey flow set to randomly assign survey-takers to one of three conditions, and that's working fine; however, the data I'm receiving (so far just through practice runs, taking it myself) doesn't show which condition participants went through. I'm able to go through and check which material a given participant saw, but only manually, and as I'll be having 200 participants, I'd rather have some way to have the program do it automatically, rather than having to plug it all in on my own. Ideas?

icon

Best answer by rondev 16 April 2020, 20:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Assuming the condition to be a block. Create an Embedded data "condition".
Create three groups for three conditions. In each group add embedded data "condition" and its values as 1 (1 for first group, 2 for second group....) and its respective block condition. Similarly for other two groups. Now add these groups under randomizer. Now based on "condition" embedded data value you can get the assigned condition.

Badge

Hi! Where in the survey flow should I add the embedded data? I tried adding it below each condition, and that somehow messed up the survey flow generally--it made it so that sometimes, instead of directing me to one of the groups, it just booted me to the exit page when I completed the question before the group branching.
I should also note that my conditions have branches within them, depending on participant answers, so they aren't neatly contained in single blocks. Maybe that's causing some trouble?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I guess you have missed the group point i.e. you need to create one group for each condition and add all elements of respective category to it

Badge

Ahh, yeah, they actually are grouped already (you actually helped me with that awhile back!). Nonetheless, when I add the condition embedded data beneath each group, it begins directing participants away from the survey to an end page before sorting them into groups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The survey flow should be similar to shown below
image.png

Badge

Okay, it makes sense now--thanks!

Hi to both,
I have to do the same as Icrisman but I'm blocked. I created two groups and the condition = 1 or 2 but I'm not sure how to proceed now.
Rondev what do you mean with "and its respective block condition" how would I do it?

Thank you in advance!

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/24186#Comment_24186

Bonjour,
Je suis moi aussi dans la même situation ou j'ai 4 conditions expérimentales mais dans mon flux de réponses, la condition expérimentale apparu aléatoirement au participant n'apparait pas automatiquement dans mon recueil de données.
Est ce que si je crée ces groupes maintenant avec les différents conditions, je risque de perdre toutes les données que j'ai récolté jusqu'à maintenant ? Et est-ce que les modifications concernant l'ajout des groupes va affecter les réponses deja recueillis ?
Merci pour vos réponses

Leave a Reply