Is it possible to add pop up box/link/attach. next to a question, which gives the reader deep dive | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to add pop up box/link/attach. next to a question, which gives the reader deep dive

• 8 August 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,
Is it possible to add a pop up box or external link or external attachment next to a question, which gives the reader a deep dive so they can read information that relates to a particular question please? So far the response from Qualtrics support is: 'This is possible, but it isn't possible through the platform. You are going to have to use custom Java Script to make this possible'. And suggested I look at this community page to see other examples. I am having troubles locating the correct process plus not sure how/what I do to use custom Java Script. Would my IT team need to help here? Thanks
icon

Best answer by PeeyushBansal 8 August 2018, 11:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
@Kathy_D

Yes you can show
1.) Pope over text : in Html of question text add like below
`<span title="Popover Text you want to show"> Your Question Text or statement</span>`

2.) External Link : You can add in HTML also like belo2:-
`<a href="Your Link (say www.google.com)">Your text which will on click take you to external link(say click here for more information)</a>`
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
IT team help is not required, only on edit question text and go to HTML view and use HTML Tags as i suggested above. it would help.
Hi Bansal, Thanks for this. Apologies I am new to Qualtrics so these instructions are something I will need to have a go and see if I can figure out. Not sure what they mean as yet. thank you
Badge
Hi @Kathy_D! Perhaps our support rep misunderstood your question. If so, our apologies! It is true that adding a pop up box will require custom code, but if you simply would like to add an external link to survey text, you can either insert code or use our built-in "Insert Hyperlink" option. Here is the support page that walks through how to add a link without having to manually type in the HTML code!
Hi Jenah/Banal, thanks I will try adding link.
But can you also just add an attachment that is not contained within a link? Just checking all the various options.
So:
- For a pop up text box: you need custom code (which I am not sure how to do);
- For adding a link you use the 'Insert Hyperlink' option in the Qualtrics system (which seems easy option);
- For adding an attachment without a link (ie just a pdf document for example): what would you do here if this is at all possible please?
thanks
Kathy
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hi Kathy,
Go to Library at top right > Files Library > Upload the pdf or any other file you want to attach.

Go back to survey question. Edit question and enter in Rich content editor on left , here you will find an option to insert file > chose the file you have uploaded and it will automatically attach.
> @bansalpeeyush29 said:
> @Kathy_D
>
> Yes you can show
> 1.) Pope over text : in Html of question text add like below
> `<span title="Popover Text you want to show"> Your Question Text or statement</span>`
>
> 2.) External Link : You can add in HTML also like belo2:-
> `<a href="Your Link (say www.google.com)">Your text which will on click take you to external link(say click here for more information)</a>`

Hi bansalpeeyush29,

I have tried this that it works on desktop but does not work in mobile.
Can you suggest a solution for mobile pop-up box? Thanks!

Roover

Leave a Reply