💬  Q&A Featuring Jamie Morningstar, Product Manager - Data Analytics & Reporting | Q&A | XM Community

💬  Q&A Featuring Jamie Morningstar, Product Manager - Data Analytics & Reporting | Q&A

Show first post

28 replies

Badge
> @MarjaLeena said:
> I have just started to use Text iQ and found out that a topic list is a survey-specific list. It seems to be possible to export it from a survey project and import it to another survey project. I haven't yet tried out how the import/export would work in case of maintaining a master topic list on one survey project and copying it to other survey projects (are all changes implemented in a right way i.e. new topics added, changed ones changed, and deleted ones deleted?). However, this is time consuming (and error-prone) due to manual steps required when having several survey projects needing to use the same topic list. Hence I'd like to know whether you have any plans to have some kind of global directory for topic lists and a possibility to map a suitable topic list to a survey project. When the topic list in the global directory would be maintained, the changed would be automatically (or maybe with some confirmation step still) be adopted by the survey projects using the topic list). In addition, it would be great to have some kind of industry-standard topic lists available (at least some of your competitors on this area have those).

Thanks for letting us know how Text iQ can serve you better @MarjaLeena!

We find that the majority of Text iQ clients want to use another datasource's topic model as a starting place for analyzing a new question or field, but don't want to be constrained by one set of topics rigidly applied to all sources. So, we've built topic export/import into the New Text iQ Preview experience to allow users to quickly start analyzing a new question or field using the topics they set up for a different field. All imported topics are added as staged changes, so you can accept, modify, or delete individual imported topics as desired before applying the changes.

I agree that if this feature is well-used and provides good value, we may extend it to include additional library-based topics. The sky's the limit!

Lastly, I'm glad you asked about industry-standard topic lists to use as starting points - we have several of these industry topic sets in testing right now and look forward to seeing them save you time and effort in the future!
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Thank you everyone for your participation! We are thrilled by this turnout, and hope to see you in future Q&As! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hi All! If you're looking for another Q&A to be a part of, be sure to check out 10 Days with Jay - a Q&A with Jay Choi, the General Manager of Research Core!

Leave a Reply