💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023 | XM Community

💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023

• 5 September 2023
  • 88 replies
💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2023
Badge +48

BADGE OF THE MONTH

Hidden Talents | September 2023

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between September 1 and September 29, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Task: Comment and share a talent / skill that you are proud of!

Our community is comprised of thousands of professionals and industry experts with talents beyond experience management. Maybe you’re an incredible musician, a skilled craftsman, or someone who can hold their breath for minutes! Whatever your talent may be, we want to learn all about it! Comment and share a skill or talent that you are proud of to earn this month’s badge!

This topic has been closed for comments

88 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I am so excited to participate in this months discussion! I have a passion and love for photography that begun all the way back when I got my first iPhone - an iPhone 4S, when I started developing an eye for the world around me. I still have my first photo that I consider the turning point in that journey and passion for photography:

I was at my childhood best friend’s house and took this photo. He said to me, “wow, you should be a photographer!” From then on, I began to photograph everything on my iPhone. 

In Junior High, I took a class that allowed us to capture photos and edit them. This was the first time I got to use a DSLR instead of my phone, and my photographic abilities increased!

Once I got into High School, I was in every photography class imaginable: yearbook, studio, film, etc. From there, I explored all sorts of photography!

Cityscape

Conceptual

Portrait

Wedding

I have been so grateful to have been exposed to so many different types of photography. I currently focus on family photography but I absolutely love being able to capture the world in fun and unique ways. Photography has been a blessing in my life and I’m grateful for all the people that have mentored me and shaped my life into the way that it is!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@tannerfaragher Those photos you took are amazing! I love the conceptual category pictures!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@tannerfaragher Wow you can really see how far you’ve come in your passion! I love your cityscape photos, they’re calming yet exciting at the same time! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m always continuing to try to learn new skills. I didn’t get the creative, artistic trait like so many people in this thread. 🤣

My most recent skill I’ve been working on is ice skating.

I wish I had the balance to ice skate, but every time I go I just fall over and over again haha! This doesn’t go well with my irrational fear of getting my fingers cut by other ice skaters. 😅

Also, I would say you have to be creative when doing tricks/certain movements when ice skating! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Lakshmi chikkam Badminton is definitely more difficult than most people realize! I’ve seen rallies from college athletes that go on forever and definitely look tiring. 

I wish you the best of luck in your future competitions. Thank you for sharing your passion and being part of the Community!  😄

Badge +48

@tannerfaragher I am OBSESSED with the conceptual photos! I actually made a painting of a gas mask in college 

Badge +48

@ralphpagarigan I absolutely LOVED Matilda growing up. That cake looks so delicious and I love the significance behind it 🍰 

Badge +48

@SavannahH Ice skating is hard!! It is also one of those skills that doesn’t retain well over time, so it is hard to get good at. I figure skated when I was in middle school and I distinctly remember it would feel like I hadn’t skated ever before if I took a week or two off! 

Badge +48

@dobra021 I would like to be your pasta taste tester 😂 Where do I sign up!?

Userlevel 4
Badge +19

I would probably brag about my improvised cooking skills 😋 I love creating new recipes from what I find in the fridge, spices, herbs and passion, making unexpected wonders 🍱🥘🥗

Badge +3

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between September 1 and September 29, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | September 2023 

Task: Comment and share a talent / skill that you are proud of!

Our community is comprised of thousands of professionals and industry experts with talents beyond experience management. Maybe you’re an incredible musician, a skilled craftsman, or someone who can hold their breath for minutes! Whatever your talent may be, we want to learn all about it! Comment and share a skill or talent that you are proud of to earn this month’s badge!

@AmaraW, your work is truly remarkable! I'm thoroughly impressed by what I see. :)

While my singing voice may not impress my wife, I've discovered an unexpected talent—whistling. I can carry a surprisingly decent tune through this skill. It's a unique way to express my musicality and brings joy to those who hear it. So, my whistling compensates for my singing shortcomings. :)

Best

-Rohit

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

I always hated questions like this when asked in team development meetings because I could NEVER come up with anything.  Still can’t. 😏 lol

Badge +48

@Rohit1993 you and @MattiasM should start a whistling group and whistle tunes together 🤣