👻 Spooky Season | Badge of the Month | October 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between October 1 and October 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Task: Answer any of these questions:

1. Frightening Favorites: What spooky film, TV show, book, or podcast has terrified you the most? Why?

2. Spooky Season Traditions: What activities do you enjoy during spooky season? 

Comment on other posts to keep the conversation lively!

One of the most terrifying books I’ve read is “The Haunting of Hill House” by Shirley Jackson. Its blend of supernatural horror and psychological tension creates an unsettling atmosphere that lingers long after finishing. The ambiguous nature of the haunting, combined with the characters’ fragile mental states, makes it deeply disturbing and thought-provoking. It’s a story that plays on fear of the unknown and the mind’s fragility.

During the spooky season, I particularly enjoy watching horror films with friends.

Some of my favorite Halloween memories were in college when I would host pumpkin carving parties. Everyone would bring a pumpkin, carving tools, food/drinks and dress up however they wanted. Could be a costume or just a black shirt and a blinky pumpkin headband - anything goes. It was quite the mess, but so much fun! Now that I live in AZ, I paint pumpkins with my kids because they spoil if you carve them more than 2 days prior to Halloween! So crazy!

As for movies, the ones that I react to the most aren’t the intentionally scary ones. It’s movies like Fall where you’re just holding your breath the whole time that get me!

Leave a Reply