Add spare time to next question | XM Community
Solved

Add spare time to next question

Dear all,

For my research, I'd like to design an experiment in which I can test saving behaviour. I'd like to create a survey in which participants have to answer questions, and for every question there will be a time limit. They can then save time (to use for future questions) by proceeding to the next question before the time limit of the current question is reached. So, if the participant clicks the 'next button' 5 seconds before the time limit, these 5 seconds will be added to the time limit of the next question.

My question is whether this is possible with qualtrics. I am relatively new to the platform and do not have much programming skills, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Joël
icon

Best answer by w.patrick.gale 3 May 2019, 16:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
@Joël You will need to start learning javascript to do something like that. You can start by playing around with this code https://jsfiddle.net/subham97/gsf08vn7/1/ to get an idea of what you are up against (with respect to your comfort level coding).
@w.patrick.gale Thank you for your response. There might be a chance that I can ask someone to create the code for me. Therefore, before I start coding or asking for help, I am wondering whether such a construction would be possible at all in Qualtrics. Do you think the concept of the experiment can be implemented in Qualtrics?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
@Joël Yeah, this seems doable. You will likely need to setup your survey so only one question appears per page otherwise it would get really complicated to determine when the 'response complete' task is finished (especially for matrix questions). Having one question per page would allow you to use the 'go to the next page button' click to signal the last question as completed. Embedded data variables would store the time values.

Leave a Reply