Adding JAVA as a validation for number of employees in survey | XM Community

Adding JAVA as a validation for number of employees in survey

• 25 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Any help and/or support on this is greatly appreciated as I have little to no experience working in JAVA. I have an old survey where an employee who no longer works with our company added some custom JAVA as a validation at the end of a survey.
The questions ask the total number of employees, then the total number of women, men, etc. In the old survey, if the survey taker inputs a set of numbers that do not total the total number of employees the HTML coded table populates with the following rule and typed error.
Example from last years survey:
MathValidationQuestion.jpg
When creating this years survey, I copied over the questions, and adjusted the QID pointing to the the new QID's (they changed year over year), and assumed the validation would work for this years survey. It does not and I can't figure out why. Any assistance and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Here is what the question looks like:
HTMLpart.jpgHere is the HTML code creating the above table (just in case this has something to do with it):

(Test) Math Validation Errors for the Following Questions | Global Inclusion Index:

If your page is blank, you do not have any math errors.

QuestionsRule 1Rule 2

JAVA currently linked to the question:

var validationJson = {
   "columns": [
       "Questions",
       "Rule 1",
       "Rule 2" ],
   "validations":
{"B.4": {"Rule 1": {
"displayVal": "B.4 = B.5 + B.6 + B.7 + B.8",
"pipedTextEval": "protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1006/ChoiceTextEntryValue}) == protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/2}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/3}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/4})",
"pipedTextReplaced": "${q://QID1006/ChoiceTextEntryValue}) = ${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1} + ${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/2} + ${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/3} + ${q://QID1007/ChoiceTextEntryValue/4}"
        },
        "Rule 2": {
"displayVal": "B.4 = B.9 + B.10 + B.11 + B.12",
"pipedTextEval": "protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1006/ChoiceTextEntryValue}) == protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/2}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/3}) + protectPipedTextValue(${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/4})",
"pipedTextReplaced": "${q://QID1006/ChoiceTextEntryValue}) = ${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1}) + ${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/2}) + ${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/3}) + ${q://QID1008/ChoiceTextEntryValue/4})"
            },"Questions": "B.4: What was the total number of employees in Australia as of December 31, 2022?"
       }
   }
};
//// Validation Page Javascript /////
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function () {
   checkValidationsAndAddTable(this, validationJson, true, false);
});

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

There must be more code, that you haven't pasted here.
I see Javascript function: checkValidationsAndAddTable missing

Badge

Thanks cbhavsar, appreciate it! Looks like that additional function is elsewhere in the script.

Leave a Reply