API downloads an empty csv | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello everyone! My API code for Qualtrics works perfectly fine with some surveys and can download the responses into a csv. But when I use my API on this specific survey owned by someone else, the API still works and downloads a csv, but the csv contains no responses. I am sure that this survey has responses and I have checked my parameters and they are all correct. Any idea why it keeps downloading an empty csv? Maybe the owners put some limitations on my account---any idea which authorization I might need?

The survey owner may need to collaborate the survey with you. Or if they have, then the permissions are documented here (it was the first place I found it):
Collaborating on Projects | It seems like View Reports might have the permission that you need. I have not had time to verify this.
Also, I have had issues in the past with Qualtrics not allowing my API key access to surveys that have been explicitly collaborated with me. In the case of a survey that was no yet published, making a new copy fixed it. We had to enlist the help of Qualtrics Support, and that was their recommendation.
Good Luck!

Thank you so much! The owner of that survey just shared a new trial survey with me and I have all the permissions for this survey. But I'm still experiencing the same problem. The owner has an account from a different university than I do. Do you think it might be because of that? Thanks again!

Leave a Reply