Audio not playing on Mobile but working on PC | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi there,
I’ve got a survey with an embedded audio file (linked from Soundcloud). The player is hidden (so participants cannot pause or replay or click to be taken to soundcloud account). Using the survey link, when taking the survey on PC / laptops, it works fine; however, on mobiles it is not working. The audio does not play. I haven’t been able to try on a Mac (don’t have a Mac to test it).
Anyone know how to fix this so it will work on mobiles?

EDIT: I have been informed that Essentially, the root cause of the issue is that autoplay does not work in mobile device. Most mobile operating systems actively block autoplay for videos/audio files in order to avoid high data utilisation without user consent (click here to read more). In this case, I would recommend showing the audio file to respondents so that they could click "play" rather than relying on the autoplay. 

Hi!
I am facing the issue where my audio clips aren't playing on mobile but works perfectly fine on the PC/Laptops. The audio clips aren't on an autoplaying format and requires the participants to press the play button for the clip to load.

Do you know how to resolve this or is there any way to resolve this?

Leave a Reply