Authenticator case-sensitivity | XM Community
Skip to main content

I added an Authenticator at the beginning of our survey to verify an alum's External Data Reference and Last Name. It's working; however, the Last Name authentication is case-sensitive (i.e. the input must be exactly what is in the embedded data)...which we definitely don't want. I saw a post on the community that said Qualtrics is converting to non-case-sensitive authentication. But that's not what we're seeing. Could we be missing a plugin/feature that enables this? Or is this a setting we can change/override (e.g. can I use custom code to make the user's input and the embedded value lowercase for comparison sake)?

Not sure where to ask this since it's not exactly a development issue, but I added an Authenticator at the beginning of our survey to verify an alum's External Data Reference and Last Name. It's working; however, the Last Name authentication is case-sensitive...which we definitely don't want. I saw a post on the community that said Qualtrics is converting to non-case-sensitive authentication. But that's not what we're seeing. Could we be missing a plugin/feature that enables this? Or is this a setting we can change?

I never got an answer to this, but I was able to figure out a working solution using pieces of code snippets I found on here (that were intended for something else).
So, for anyone that's interested, here's my code to auto-convert authenticator text input to uppercase so that authentication is always comparing uppercase to uppercase in your contact data:

*Paste this code into the code view of your Header (w/in Look & Feel).
This works as long as you ensure that the values you're authenticating against are also uppercase.

Leave a Reply