Best way to hide survey link in a heads-up email preceding the invite | XM Community
Question

Best way to hide survey link in a heads-up email preceding the invite

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
  • Level 3 ●●●
  • 58 replies

The deal is we do a heads up email from a Client Success lead that goes out in advance of our NPS invite. I don't want the heads up email to display a survey link or opt out link since it is supposed to look like a general email, but I have to set it up as an invite email in order to send it via the Distributions section, and of course those 2 links are required for an invite email.
In the past I've had a line of code in my custom html which sort of did the trick:

${l://SurveyLink?d=Take%20the%20Survey}

${l://OptOutLink?d=Opt%20Out}

Unfortunately, whenever the person forwarded or replied to the email those links would then show for them, which is obviously not ideal and has also led to some surveys being taken off of this email.
Is there a better piece of code to add, or other way to accomplish, that is an improvement over my current situation? Thanks in advance for any ideas or code!

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same problem.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

While not ideal, you could send the initial heads up email through an external email platform like Mailchimp, Marketo, etc. to ensure the survey link/opt-out link isn’t included. 

Leave a Reply