Build custom code to video record participants while they take the survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hello, 

I am a researcher at UC Berkeley and need help building a code to video record participants taking my survey for the entire length of the survey, even while they are watching a recording. This is crucial to watch their facial expressions change while watching the video. Does anyone have any idea on how to go about this?

Hi @lcitroen 
A new question type called Unmoderated User Testing Question has been introduced by Qualtrics in its recent update. This might help!

Can’t help with the code; however I don’t believe you will be able to do this via code on it’s own.  Code will help in how it presents a survey - however your looking for feature enhancements which aren’t available within the platform.  Your best bet would be to request this feature be added via Ideas tab longer term.  

You can get users to upload files; so if there is another platform that can manage this for you then you can get the user to drop in the file.

Just noticed the above suggestion for new question type, hopefully this solves it - it’s the closest I’ve seen to this functionality.

Leave a Reply