Bypassing fill upload question to upload audio file | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi there,
Thank you in advance for your help! I'm trying to have the survey respondents record an audio clip and then upload the audio as a response to a question. So far I've figured out how to create a blob in the browser and there is a way for the user to download the recorded audio file. They can then upload the downloaded file via the File Upload function. (Using this tutorial here: https://blog.addpipe.com/using-recorder-js-to-capture-wav-audio-in-your-html5-web-site/)
However, to save the users time, I wonder if there's a way to directly upload the created Blob file using Javascript on the back-end, saving the users the additional 3 clicks to upload the file. Our respondents are incredibly busy and this can be of huge help.
Sincerely,
Allium

Follow this instruction to integrate pipe recorder and qualtrics, as it enables direct upload of recording with response id to pipe server.

Thanks for responding to my question! I was hoping to find a workaround without paying the additional fees to Addpipe. I am a student researcher without the ability to pay for these services. If there is a way to do this without using pipe recorder, that would be great!

Leave a Reply