Can I put response data in background so it pops up as respondents start to type answer? | XM Community
Skip to main content
I have a survey in which I ask students to tell me what colleges they applied to. A multiple choice list of U.S. colleges will obviously be too long a list and a text entry box will cause a headache when trying to compile this data when the survey closes since misspellings are so common. I'd like for the survey taker to start to type the college name but then the colleges with those letters will appear as possible selections. This would mean that I can embed a list of colleges in the background somewhere. How would I do this in Qualtrics? Thanks, as I've been unable to find any information on this feature through the search function.
Use JavaScript with select2 (search the Community for "select2"). You can use a Qualtrics Multiple-choice multi-select question with all the colleges as choices. Alternatively, you could define all the colleges in a JS object or array and use a Qualtrics text entry question.

Leave a Reply