Can't make form field text entry sizes smaller. | XM Community
Solved

Can't make form field text entry sizes smaller.

• 21 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi everyone,  using the form field question format, I am providing information and then asking respondents two short questions. The responses should be percentages (e.g., 75%), so the boxes should be very small.

I have edited the validation and chosen short (and also required numeric responses).

However, no matter what I try I can’t seem to get the text boxes to be appropriately sized for percentages. I have tried editing the javascript at the question level with:

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" .InputText").css("width", "15px");

I have also tried doing the same for the CSS under ‘look and feel.’

However, my survey still looks like this:

I would like for the entry boxes to be about 90% smaller. Any suggestions? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SaurabhPujare_Ugam 21 July 2023, 04:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @gusnovoa,

Nice to e-meet you.

This is known discrepancy with the setup, having said that you can easily over come this by following below steps:

1. Navigate to your question and drag the text box horizontally and make a note of dimensions shown while you drag

2. Once the desired size is achieved, drag other boxes till you achieve exact same dimensions.

Let me know if this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello Saurabh,

Unfortunately, I have already tried that. I have the dimensions of each box to the minimum width, which is apparently 29px. However, when I preview the survey, the text entries in the question are still very large (as in the screenshot above). Is there anything else that I can try?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @gusnovoa,

I can see you are using the “Modern” theme, could you please try changing the theme to “Blank”? 

Best,
Saurabh

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I was actually using the flat theme but switching to blank did the trick. Thank you so much Saurabh.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @gusnovoa,

Glad to know that I am able to help :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Apologies if this should be in a new thread.

I switched the theme and now my questions look like this:

The text entry boxes are smaller as desired, but now the questions themselves are very condensed. How can I increase the width allotted to them so that they are not spread out over so many lines?

Leave a Reply