Change apperance of slider (as a type of slider ) to discrete items | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a slider type of slider question that i want to put discreet categories like the stars without changing the type to stars. I was wondering if there was any code i could use to do this. This is because the stars doesn’t allow headers so i was wondering if i can alter just the look to get around this.

You might be able to meet your need by using the ‘Snap to grid lines’ option.

You might be able to meet your need by using the ‘Snap to grid lines’ option.

No i actually want to visually have some discrete borders between the options so it is easier for participants. Snap to grid lines is okay but some pilot participants suggested the slider was too rigid as a result so i’m thinking make the slider bigger and have some borders for the grid lines

Just tweak the height and width but I think it is platform bounded and won’t work perfectly on every device. I’d suggest you to change your question type to likert maybe and then there you might update the size and other functionalities.

Just tweak the height and width but I think it is platform bounded and won’t work perfectly on every device. I’d suggest you to change your question type to likert maybe and then there you might update the size and other functionalities.

happy to move to likert but then i need to carry forward choice if people rate statements 4 out of 5 or 5 out of 5. I seem to be able to only carry forward 1 of these rather than both.

Leave a Reply