Changing items list in Pick, Group, and Rank question depending on previous responses. | XM Community
Solved

Changing items list in Pick, Group, and Rank question depending on previous responses.

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a question concerning piping and construction of the Pick, Group, Rank Question.
Currently I have a survey design where respondents view an image piped from a previous question. Respondents look at the image and then, with the PGR question, select other images that are similar (the items in the PGR question are all images). My issue is that I need the images that appear in the list to change based on the image that is piped forward from the previous question. The goal here is to make sure that there are no repeat images between the items list and the text that is piped from the previous answer.
Any advice is much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by TomG 18 October 2021, 21:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

In your PGR question add display logic to the items based on the previous question.

Badge +1

Hi TomG ,
Thanks for your response. So the previous question involved sliders, and I cannot figure out how to make the display logic work so that only the image associated with the slider with the lowest value is excluded. In other words, in the previous question respondents are asked to rate various images on sliders. Then in this question, I want to exclude the image from the previous question that had the lowest value. When looking at the display logic options, that option does not seem to be included.
Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/41224#Comment_41224You'll probably need to set an embedded data flag for each image, then use those flags in the display logic. If it were me, I would use a web service, but you could also use JavaScript to set the value of the embedded data flags.

Leave a Reply