Close one branch in survey flow upon Close button | XM Community
Question

Close one branch in survey flow upon Close button

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I’m building an intake form with a few different branches. A few will branch and redirect to URLs after clicking the “submit” button (I’ve renamed them for what they do, but they are the last button), the others will proceed to the intake form. And one will end after a dropdown selection and will have a “Close” button and I’d like it to automatically close the tab.

I found this post but it sounds like that does it for ALL Submit buttons, and I only want it for this specific branch. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Couldn’t understand the requirement, post some screenshot of page created that will help relate things better.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

This top workflow is based on the selection in a dropdown. There is no further action to be taken. They will not proceed through the intake form and will not be redirected to a URL like the two other branches below.  

So I’m hoping to try to figure out how to have the Close button actually close the tab without it applying to all of the Submit buttons because some will actually submit the intake form and I want them to see the confirmation message and some will redirect. I was this branch to only close the tab on this Close button. My only workaround I can think of is still have the End of Survey then have an end of survey message that tells them they can close. But ideally, I’d like that they could just click the close button and be done. OR hide the submit button on this and then include verbiage that they can close this tab within this question.

Leave a Reply