Content validation on a multiple choice question based on key words entered in a previous question | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi,
I'd like to see if there is a way to have content validation on a yes/no question, based on text entry of key words in a previous question. I am building a request-type survey that is related to people requesting access to data.
The previous question asks them to describe in text what attributes they are requesting for. Further down, they encounter a question asking them if the data they are requesting for contains personal information (yes/no). If, in the text question, they entered attributes like person name, ID, date of birth, social insurance number, etc. I would like for them to be forced to select 'Yes' if they select 'No' for whatever reason in the follow-up question, and an error to prompt them that the data they requested in question 'x' indicates that they are asking for personal information.
Thanks in advance.

IMHO, you are taking the wrong approach. If you already know they are requesting personal information you should either skip the Yes/No question or automatically answer Yes without giving them to option to choose. You can use JS to automatically answer.
The more difficult part is determining if they requested personal information in a text entry question. You might consider a multi-select multiple choice with an 'Other' allow text choice.

Thank you for your response. We need both questions, so I will just leave it as is.

Leave a Reply