Create an embedded field containing the emails of people in a Ticket Team group | XM Community
Question

Create an embedded field containing the emails of people in a Ticket Team group

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,
I would like to use the Email task to send an email to a group of people using the team group from within the ticketing / follow-up section.

image.png
Currently in the email task recipient box you can add piped text but you can't directly refer to a Team so I was wondering if I could using a webservice or JS Code berforehand to acquire the list of email addresses in the group, put them in an embedded field so that I could then use it in the email task. it would be good enough to run at the time the response is created or at the time the ticket is generated.

Any thoughts on this would be most helpful.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +23

Hi Rod_Pestell ,
I think for initial steps you can create an embedded data field in the survey flow, use branching if you want to send this email task to particular responded team, fill the email address of all the recipient and use it as piped text.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Chhavi_Ch
Thanks for the reply. This needs to be dynamic I'm afraid so typing them in manually is not an option as the life of the tickets sometimes out lives the list of people.
I wrote another thread here which took this a little further inspecting the calls made in the browser that retrieved this list. If I can backward engineer this that is what I need. I think it is possible but it has to download all the users via a webservice / api call and then match the userids that are in the group. I'm still very much a novice in API and parsing a json string so any help would be grateful on this.
Thanks
Rod Pestell

Leave a Reply