Custom coding for rank order question to allow horizontal alignment | XM Community
Skip to main content

For the rank question type, we have an issue where all the pictures for the ranking question do not show up on the screen at the same time. We were hoping to present the question horizontally and have the survey takers be able to rearrange the pictures by dragging and dropping them where they think they should be, however the rank order question does not allow the horizontal alignment for the drag and drop questions. Is there a way to switch the alignment from vertical to horizontal? Or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!

@talia_uc 

Qualtrics doesn’t allow this by default. But you can create a Table with one row and append the entire piece in that row via Custom coding and you should be able to achieve the desired result.

Dear @talia_uc, I am running into the same problem as you were one month ago. Would you be willing to share your approach on how you solved this issue? Thank you so much in advance!

Dear @talia_uc, I am running into the same problem as you were one month ago. Would you be willing to share your approach on how you solved this issue? Thank you so much in advance!

Hi @COfferman, I just used the solution Deepak suggested. I numbered the table so that participants would know what order to put the pictures in and they were able to drag and drop the pictures. 

Leave a Reply