Custom Javascript Games with performance stored as variable | XM Community
Solved

Custom Javascript Games with performance stored as variable

• 22 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I would like to have participants attempt to solve several "Euler Diagram" puzzles in Qualtrics. See an example here: https://www.transum.org/Maths/Activity/without/

I have experience in Javascript/Jquery, but don't know the limitations of Qualtrics, and was hoping to get some advice before embarking. Is it possible to re-create this game as a Qualtrics question, and store variables in the backend like (total amount of time until completion, total number of attempts, perhaps even a list or array of all the moves played in sequence). What is the best strategy for going about this?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by TomG 22 October 2018, 21:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Yes, it is possible. The only limitation is that you can't dynamically create new fields you want to store in the response data inside a question. The question fields must be part of the question as defined in Qualtrics and embedded variables must be included in the survey flow.

I would just use a text entry form question with a field for each item you want to capture (and hide them with JS).

Hi there,
I realize this is a relatively older discussion.
I am a technical (maybe not-so-technical) support staff in the Department. One of the students we have is looking for something similar to this for her project and I am helping out to look for some existing examples.
Is there any place I can find some examples please?
Thank you.

Leave a Reply