Customize space among choices | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi there,

I would like to customize the space between (eight) options either in a bipolar or a Likert type scale so that the four options to cluster close to each other on the left side and the remaining four options to do the same on the right side.

Something like the following

!

or something like this

!

I guess that it needs some customizing in CSS (in look and Feel, I think), but I do not know how. I will appreciate any help.

I thank you for your consideration.
This looks like a bipolar style question.

Without creating some significant JS, an option might be to create a bipolar question with 9 scale points and hide the middle radio button.

!

To hide the middle button, use the following JS in the screen shot shown below.

!

What you end up with is a question looking something like this:

!

Note that this code is hiding the button for one statement only. You would need a separate line of code for each statement. The location of the radio button that you want to hide can be easily found with Inspect in your browser.
I thank you a lot C_Bohn!!! That's perfect! (and I made it to hide more than one button!!).

But may I ask how about a script through which I could add the labels of "4", "3", "2" and "1" on top of the buttons?
@thanmour When designing bipolar question there is the option to add labels. Add 9 labels but leave the center one blank.

!
Indeed! I did not think about it. I thank you a lot, C_Bohn! But, still, I need your help to further improve my items. May I ask you how to put the labels of the options close to the buttons? As you can see below, my two options in the bipolar statement are quite long, which put the buttons in the middle of the text and the labels relatively farther away (higher). Is there any way that I could position these labels closer to the buttons?

!

I thank you for your support.

Leave a Reply