Customized validation: link to question marked as answered/validated after page is saved | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello all,

I'm building a survey (for the first time ever) in Qualtrics. I'm trying to get a color system for answered questions like so:

!

If you have answered the question, the question's link in the sidebar turns blue (well, the border does). With this survey we're building though, it might take someone a long time to answer, so I would like to keep the link to answered questions blue.

Right now, they are turning back to red, the default.

I have this code for when the user clicks on the question and answers it:

```

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnload(function (){

this.questionclick = function(event,element){

element.addEventListener("blur", blurFunction, true);

function blurFunction() {

if ((element.type == "text") && (element.value != "")){

var elementID = element.id.split('~')[1];

var questionID = elementID.substr(3, elementID.length);

document.getElementById('question-card' + questionID).classList.add('card-validated');

console.log("validated");

}

}

}

```

But I am at a loss as to how to replicate that for when the page is loaded (and the questions are already answered).

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance!
Well, I managed to get it working for a text field. I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else.

```

if (document.getElementById('QR~'+this.questionId).value != "" ) {

document.getElementById('question-card' + questionNumber).classList.add('card-validated');

} else if ((document.getElementById('QR~'+this.questionId).value == "" ) && ( document.getElementById('question-card' + questionNumber).classList.contains('card-validated' ))) {

document.getElementById('question-card' + questionNumber).classList.remove('card-validated');

}

```

Leave a Reply