Direct forwarding of another survey to his supervisor | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello everybody,

I have the following concern:

At the end of my survey, let's say Survey A, I would like to ask the participants to enter in a predefined area,

(i) to enter the name of the project to which they referred in answering their questions,

(ii) to generate one ID per participant; and

(ii) to provide the email address of his/ her supervisor from this project.

The supervisor should then automatically be sent a link to Survey B, where he will then automatically see at the beginning the

(a) the specified project name and

(b) the generated ID of his employee (previous participant)

My goal is to compare the answers of the employee in survey A with those of his supervisor in survey B later in the analysis.

Thank you in advance!
Hi @Nicolas1510

There are multiple ways to achieve this use case... one of them is below...

If you planning to have two separate surveys... Survey A for user A and Survey B is for the supervisor of user A...

- Then in survey B, you will have to specify embedded data "ProjectName" and "EmployeeID"

- Within survey B, in the descriptive text question type you have to pipe-in the "Project name" and "Employee ID" embedded data.

- Now, in Survey A, you can use email trigger to trigger Survey B to his/her supervisor, provided you are asking user to provide their supervisor email address in an text-entry / form question.

- Here is the documentation on email trigger: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-tools/email-triggers/

- In email body you will have to place "Survey B" url and append it with "?ProjectName={pipedtext the project name}&EmployeeID={pipedtext the employeeid}

- The survey B url should look like...

- https://brandname.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/surveyid?ProjectName=provide project name&EmployeeID=piped text employee id from survey question
Hi @Mohammedali_Rajapakar_Ugam,

thank you for your quick answer.

Basically it hits exactly what I imagine.

However, it still doesn't really work for me. Most likely the mistake is with me, I just can't find it.

I have followed your instructions and

* in Survey A (employee) the embedded data of projectname, employee ID and e-mail address of the supervisor is specified and determined,

* in Survey A the e-mail trigger is set up with the corresponding piped text for the e-mail of the superior

* in Survey A as part of the email trigger the URL link for Survey B incl. extension for both embedded data

* in Survey B (supervisor) the embedded data of projectname and employee ID are specified

* in Survey B the two embedded data are piped-in in a descriptive text.

The problem is that

* some e-mails arrive directly, some arrive late, some do not arrive at all,

* the information from the embedded data is only displayed in Survey B in very few cases.

Is it possible to ensure the arrival of emails and always display the relevant information from projectname and employeeID in Survey B?

Thanks a lot!
- Some time emails go in the junk folder or if an organization block the domain then it won't receive... you will have to ask your IT team to whitelist the Qualtrics domain

- If the embedded data carrying the value correctly from survey A then it should always get captured in survey B. Please also check the embedded data should match exactly.
Other solution is that not to program 2 surveys just suse a single survey with block like employee and superior.

1) for employee send your live link appended with say employee=1 and put this block in a branch employee=1

2) Use trigger email to send an email to supervisor with RETAKE link appended with supervisor=1

Doing so , will help you in easier data analysis as you have respse for both employee and supervisor in same row as a one record.

Leave a Reply