Displaying one drill down choice (out of hundreds) based on embedded data | XM Community
Skip to main content

In my workplace, there are >100 student leaders (survey respondents) that each have around 10-20 students assigned to them. I want to create one survey in which student leaders are able to report on each of their students.

To do this, I am utilizing a drill down question with each column being each student leader’s group of students. This makes it much easier to pull the data later on.

However, in the drill down interface, I only want to display one choice to the student leaders (they should only see their own group of students). I’ve included embedded data so that I can use display logic within the drilldown question to solve this problem. But there are hundreds of groups and I would prefer to not display logic each group manually; if there was a code in javascript that I could use that would be great.

I’ve looked through community posts and have found this one: 

Which is very similar to my situation except instead of hiding one drill down answer, I want to display only one drilldown choice (Group) and then have all the students in that one group displayed to the respondent. 

I am not too familiar with Javascript. Is anyone able to adapt the code in the linked post to help with my situation? Here it is below:

if("${e://Field/EmbeddedData}"=="123") {

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" select ").eq("0").find("option)value='40']").remove()};

.remove or .pop won’t work with all the browser. I’d suggest you to either change question or use drill down to merge 2 questions of option selection and then display the choices respectively.

@TriciaL,

You can remove the options that are not a match:

if("${e://Field/EmbeddedData}"=="123") {
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" select").eq("0").find("option").not("[value=40]").remove();
}

Leave a Reply