Drag same item from list into multiple groups | XM Community
Solved

Drag same item from list into multiple groups

• 29 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello all!
I was wondering, is it possible to drag the same item into multiple groups? For instance, in the example below, how can I drag "eggs" from the list into both Quiche and Scrambled eggs? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Angela
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 2.28.26 PM.png

icon

Best answer by TomG 29 June 2020, 21:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27338#Comment_27338No, you can use a Matrix drag and drop instead which doesn't have ranks, but that is still only single answer. As I said previously, you could use a multi-select Likert matrix instead. It will give you the data you want, but is a different user experience.

Badge

rondev you mentioned creating multichoice questions for each group...where can one create multichoice questions by group? Thanks!

Badge

Interesting. I don't actually care about the rank ordering and just need the drag and drop function. Does that change anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Agreed with TomG , you can also break the question, first create multichoice questions for each group and then carryforward the selection to new rank order question for each multi choice questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

It isn't possible.
Probably the closest you could come to it is a multi-select matrix, but that wouldn't include ranks.

Leave a Reply