Dynamic Calculation Within the Same Page | XM Community
Skip to main content

In my project, I would like to include dynamic calculation such that if the respondents make changes on the bar, they can see different corresponding values in the text below (please see the screenshot attached). I figured out how to achieve this on a different page through math operations, but I need the result of the calculation to show up on the same page. Could someone help me? Thanks a lot!

Screen Shot .png

You need to the calculation and display of the result inside a JavaScript event handler.

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/26351#Comment_26351It would be really helpful if you can elaborate a little more on how to set up an event handler. Does it involve lines of code or is it related to this function of Qualtrics? I have little experience with JavaScript. Thanks a lot!

The link you cited is specific to site intercepts. What you need to do involves adding some html and JavaScript to your question. A short tutorial on events. Basically, you need to execute a function when the respondent changes the slider value.

Leave a Reply