Embed Data on Feedback Survey | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi Community,

I have setup a survey which uses a pop over intercept.

I want to capture data when customer interacts (clicks) the intercept and on survey.

On the intercept I have selected the option → embed data and included the data points available to me.
I proceeded to add the same under Survey Flow, only this time I added additional data variables under Survey Meta Data.

These are not showing any data for device, operating system etc.

Does anyone know why I am not seeing the data?

Kind Regards
Keith

Hello and good afternoon from a rainy Sweden!
I believe you need to add variables in your intercept to pick up things like for example device etc. as well, and not just in the Survey Flow. 

We use something similar, but with Pendo, and for that we had to specify all of these things in the survey link with the embedded data and the variables. 

Not 100% sure it’s the same for you, but perhaps worth a try? 

All the best

-Mattias

So the issue is the Survey Meta data is not Available on the Intercept embed data options.

The additional variables I only get them on the Survey Flow but not on the intercept. When you mention URL, are you referring to like UTM Tags?

So the issue is the Survey Meta data is not Available on the Intercept embed data options.

The additional variables I only get them on the Survey Flow but not on the intercept. When you mention URL, are you referring to like UTM Tags?

Hello again

Not necessarily the UTM Tags, but the variables you are able to pick up from the browser/session of the user. 

For us, we are able to pick up the user id from the session and send it with the response data to Qualtrics. But it has to be specified in the survey link we tailor to send the response back. So the “submit” link would have to be complimented with (in our case) specified variables in this format: <%= metadata.visitor.XXX%>

But again, it could all be very different on your end. 

All the best

-Mattias

I think I understand.

I would have to check and confirm is that is possible. I will let you know if this works.

I believe that capturing embedded data is most reliable when you keep the block for embedded data fields at the top of your survey flow as well. You may already have it placed there though

Leave a Reply