Expanding the width of the Feedback Button Slider DIV | XM Community

Expanding the width of the Feedback Button Slider DIV

• 20 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I have been stumped on how to accomplish this by modifying the CSS in the developer panel so thought I would ask for support and guidance from this awesome community.
I have set up a Feedback Button creative using the slider functionality which defaults to max-width of 400px. In my theme settings I have the classic layout selected. This width unfortunately is just too small for our surveys so I am trying to expand the slider width to 600px. When I update the max-width it expands the DIV off screen to the right. Anyone have guidance on what CSS adjustments I need to make in order to get the window below to 600px?
sliderCreative_400px.jpgdeveloperConsole.jpg

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi bucklib,
Have you tried reducing the left attribute by 200px?
Width typically by increases from left to right, so you'll need to offset it in the other direction to avoid it running off screen.
Good luck!

Badge +6

Yes, I have tried to modify this but it looks like this is being set through a JS file. I don't think there is a way to override the in line css styles that are being set through JS. There is a product idea that was submitted for this specific issue but was closed back in 2020. Go ahead and upvote that if you are having the same issues. https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/12760/allow-size-control-of-window-in-the-feedback-button-overlay-and-window-creatives

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

bucklib
Have you tried expanding the width of the creative by using the below options?
image.pngPreview:
image.png
Hope it helps!

Badge +6

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/51624#Comment_51624I am using the Feedback button creative. I think what you are showing above is the slider creative.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

bucklib
Why don't you use the slider creative as it is easy to customize according to your requirements?
Also the look and feel of it isn't much different.
Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Deepak , how can we increase height and width for overlay.

Leave a Reply